We are pleased to announce that in conjunction with IAPMO R&T, Inc’s certification program, the IAPMO R& Lab is now conducting Testing for the EPA WaterSense program®.
Testing to the “Tank-Type High Efficiency Toilet Specification” and “High Efficiency Lavatory Faucets Specification” mandated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has begun.
As of January 23, 2007 in order to quality for this program, tank type single flush toilets shall conform to the applicable requirements of ASME A112.19.2 and shall not exceed 1.28 (4.8 liters) and the effective flush of the dual flush toilets (average flush volume of two reduced flush and one full flush) shall not exceed 1.28 gallons.
As of October 1, 2007 in order to quality for this program, lavatory faucets in private use (residential and private restroom in hotels and hospitals) shall conform to the applicable requirements of ASME A112.18.1/CSA B125.1 & NSF/ANSI 61-9 and shall have a maximum flow rate not to exceed 1.5 gpm at 60 psi & minimum flow rate not less than 0.8 gpm at 20 psi.
IAPMO R&T, Inc. is recognized by EPA as a certification agency under its Water Sense program; therefore, all your testing and listing can be conducted under one roof. There is no need to ship products to many agencies for this testing and listing program.
- Sign WaterSense Manufacturer Partnership Agreement
- Submit application to IAPMO R&T for Listing
- Submit products to IAPMO R&T Lab for testing
- Once the certificate of Listing is issued by IAPMO R&T (authorization to place label on products), Notify EPA WaterSense
- EPA WaterSense publishes and maintains a Web registry of WaterSense labeled products.
For more information on the program, testing and certification, please contact email@example.com