We have found that this can significantly reduce the time and cost of any subsequent UL/CSA Listing certification investigation.
Third-Party Witness Test Site — The Electrical Lab has expanded R&T Lab’s testing capabilities to include electro-plumbing, lighting, appliances, HVAC, pool, spa and bathtub products to UL, CSA, ANSI, IEC and other test standards.
We have served as a witness test site for UL and other certification agencies when their labs are backlogged and clients cannot delay their product launch. Our lab has a 2,000-amp power feed and features new state-of-the-art equipment for testing to these standards.
Performance Testing — IAPMO R&T Labs can conduct any client-specified test, such as Research & Development testing, material testing, reliability testing, pump curve validation, sound measurement and energy consumption.
Liaison Service — Every aspect of the certification process is handled. This may include assisting with the preparation of submittal packages, typing applications and delivery of products and applications to various listing agencies, as well as following up with the various listing agencies until certification/listing is granted.
California Energy Commission (CEC) Testing - In accordance with California Code of Regulations, Title 20, Sections 1601-1608, appliances that are sold or offered for sale in California shall comply with CEC 2007 Appliance Efficiency Regulations. (The exceptions are appliances sold wholesale in California for final retail sale outside the state and those designed and sold exclusively for use in recreational vehicles or other mobile equipment.) IAPMO R&T Lab can conduct testing on residential pool pumps and portable electric spas for compliance to CEC Appliance Efficiency Regulations Section 1604(g)(3) and CEC Appliance Efficiency Regulations Section 1604(g)(2), respectively.
Product Testing – Testing to nationally recognized standards such as ASME/ANSI, ASTM, CSA, IAPMO (PS, TS and IGC), UL and IEC. Products tested to these standards are generally for "listing/certification" purposes with IAPMO R&T.
• UL 1563, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 218.1-M89 (Self-contained spas for aboveground use, for household or commercial use and for both indoor and outdoor use)
• UL 1795, CAN /CSA-B45.10, CSA-C22.2 No. 218.2 (Indoor hydromassage bathtubs (also known as whirlpool baths) rated 250 V or less, for residential and commercial use)
• UL 1431, CSA C22.2 No. 64-M91, CSA C22.2 No. 68-92, CSA C22.2 No. 224 (Appliances, primarily cord connected, intended for use in households or similar locations, not necessarily under professional supervision, such as toothbrushes, oral irrigation appliances, denture cleaners, hydromassage units)
• ANSI/UL 1951, CAN /CSA C22.2 No. 14-M91, CAN /CSA C22.2 No. 68-92 (Plumbing accessories connected to or used with plumbing in commercial locations or residential occupancies, including irrigation equipment, sprinkler controls, water controls located in kitchens and bathrooms, electric faucets, toilet-flushing systems, lawn sprinklers, plumbing controls, hydromassage chairs and pedicure spas)
• UL 979, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 68 (Water softeners, demineralizers and other water treatment units and control assemblies)
• UL 1081, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 108 (Pumps for circulating water in swimming pools, hot tubs and spas)
• UL 778, CAN /CSA C22.2 No. 108 (Submersible and nonsubmersible pumps intended for household, commercial or industrial use, including pumps for fountains, circulation, sewage, effluent, wells, irrigation, building sites (contractor type), sumps and general utility)
• UL 1081, UL 1563, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 108-M89 (Chlorinators, brominators, ozone generators, ion generators and similar equipment intended to sanitize water in pools, spas and hot tubs)
• ANSI/UL 778, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 68 (Electrically operated, decorative, portable, self-contained fountains)
Tony Zhou, Director of Electrical-Plumbing, who joined IAPMO in 2008 following 10 years with UL (pool, spa, bath and pump team), heads up each of these new services and testing capabilities. He is a current member of the UL standard technical panel for UL 1838, UL 2108, UL 676, UL 1241, UL 1995 and UL 1951.