IAPMO has been serving the plumbing and mechanical industry for over 80 years. IAPMO R&T Lab, a division of The IAPMO Group, is a major resource for independent testing, research and technical services.
The goal of the organization is to provide quality testing services at a reasonable price, in a timely manner. One-Stop-Testing is available for manufacturers, distributors and importers of fittings, to conduct testing and receive product listing/certification (by IAPMO R&T) in the United States, Canada and Australia.
The IAPMO R&T Lab laboratory is well outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment to evaluate all types of fittings and provide a wide range of testing services, including; Pressure Testing, Temperature Testing, Thermal Cycle Testing, Impact Testing, Load Testing, Material Testing, Coating Testing, Corrosion Testing and Chemical Testing, including NSF61.
The IAPMO R&T Lab Difference
Our in-house laboratory engineers and technicians are well versed in all types of testing procedures. Whether it is mechanical, chemical, pneumatic, electrical, automation or machining, our equipment specialists are experts in building and modifying test equipment to meet special needs. The IAPMO R&T Lab testing equipment is ready for round-the clock testing without any interruption. Our experienced staff listens to your needs and helps you create the simplest testing program to reduce costs and shorten the time needed to complete the necessary tests. We put our expertise to work for you.
Plumbing Fitting Testing
IAPMO R&T Lab is committed to accurately testing a wide variety of plumbing fittings, to a variety of standards. We have over 25 years of personal experience in evaluating and testing your plumbing fittings such as kitchen faucets, lavatory faucets, tub/shower faucets, bidet faucets, showerheads, waste fittings, drains, pipe and fittings for potable water (PVC, CPVC, PEX, copper, brass, stainless steel), valves, DWV and sewer pipe, fittings and connectors, temperature compensating valves, backflow prevention devices, water pressure reducing valves, hot water dispensers, hot water circulation devices, pressurized flushing devices, safety shutoff valves and various water connectors. IAPMO R&T Lab is a one-stop testing facility, dedicated to providing the highest quality service at reasonable prices, all in a timely manner.
IAPMO R&T Lab streamlines your testing and certification process with IAPMO R&T for the U.S. and Canada. This significantly reduces your cost and time to market.
IAPMO R&T Lab – Our Broad Range of Services:
• Product Testing – Testing to standards such as ASME/ANSI, ASSE, ASTM, CSA, IAPMO (PS, TS and IGC) and MSS. Products tested to these standards are generally for “listing/certification” purposes.
• Quality Assurance Testing/Evaluation – This type of testing is usually conducted at the request of a manufacturer or supplier who wishes to assure that models being produced or received are in compliance with the current standards or manufacturer’s own specifications. On-site visits of manufacturing locations are also available to assist manufacturers with their in-house quality control system.
• Pre-testing Evaluation, Research/Development and Prototype Testing – Testing on prototype units for compliance to standards can be costly. At IAPMO R&T Lab we offer a pre-evaluation service which includes evaluation of a product to the UPC as well as the applicable test standard. The evaluation may include testing, R&D to assist manufacturers in bringing the product into compliance with standards and codes and testing of prototype models prior to final production. The pre-evaluation testing also applies to products coming from overseas where the products were designed to meet the local requirements.
• Failure Analysis Testing – Testing to the maximum limit to determine a point of failure and an evaluation to determine the reasons or cause of the failure.
• Liaison Services – IAPMO R&T Lab acts as a liaison between manufacturers and listing agencies. This may include assisting manufacturers with the preparation of submittal packages, typing applications and delivery of product and applications to various agencies as well as follow-up with the agencies until certification/listing is granted.