Backed by IAPMO’s 80+ years of experience, IAPMO R&T Lab is the premier resource for independent testing, research, and technical services in the plumbing and mechanical industries.
IAPMO R&T Lab is committed to providing quality testing services at competitive rates in a timely manner. We offer one-stop testing for fast track listing in the U.S., Canadian, and Australian markets. Our knowledgeable staff will work with you to simplify the testing and certification process, helping get your product to market faster.
In addition to on-site testing at our state-of-the-art laboratory, IAPMO R&T Lab offers convenient Witness and Field Testing services to help manufacturers get their products evaluated in the fastest and most economical way possible.
Witness & Field Testing
Witness Testing is a smart, cost-effective alternative to shipping large or bulky items to a test lab. An IAPMO R&T Lab engineer will come directly to your facility to witness testing performed by your personnel, utilizing your equipment and test set-up for your standard of choice. Our representatives work with your staff to resolve any problems, failures, or issues that may arise during testing.
For manufacturers with a product that cannot be shipped to our lab and must be tested on site, we also offer Field Testing services. An IAPMO R&T Lab engineer will visit the designated site and perform testing to all applicable standard(s).
All data collected is used to generate a formal IAPMO R&T Lab test report, which can be sent to any accredited agency for product listing and certification.
Quality Control Services
Quality control services from IAPMO R&T Lab help ensure your company’s adherence to your standard of choice. Boost sales by demonstrating continuous compliance to the latest standards, and reduce product returns related to manufacturing problems. Our convenient Witness and Field Testing services can help ensure compliance to standards and also assess whether proper production procedures are being followed.
IAPMO R&T Lab – Our Broad Range of Services:
• Product Testing – We test to nationally recognized standards such as NSF/ANSI 61, NSF/ANSI 14, ASME/ANSI, ASSE, ASTM, CSA, MSS, and IAPMO (PS, TS, and IGC). Products tested to these standards are generally for listing and certification purposes.
• Quality Assurance Testing/Evaluation – This type of testing is usually conducted at the request of a manufacturer or supplier who wishes to ensure that models being produced or received are in compliance with the current standards or manufacturer’s own specification. On-site visits of manufacturing locations are also available to assist manufacturers with their in-house quality control system.
• Pre-testing Evaluation, Research/Development, and Prototype Testing – Testing of prototype units for compliance to standards can be costly. At IAPMO R&T Lab we offer a preevaluation service that includes evaluation of a product to the UPC as well as to the applicable test standard. The evaluation may include quality control and research and development testing to assist manufacturers in bringing the product into compliance with standards and codes. This prototype testing can help ensure that production models will also comply with the applicable standards. Pre-testing and evaluation can also help ensure that products from overseas will comply with our standards.
• Failure Analysis Testing – We can test products to the maximum limit to determine a point of failure and generate an evaluation to determine the reasons or cause of the failure.
• Independent Witness Testing – Our engineers visit the manufacturer’s facility or on-site location to test and evaluate products.
• Liaison Services – IAPMO R&T Lab acts as a liaison between manufacturers and listing agencies. This may include assisting manufacturers with the preparation of submittal packages, typing applications, and delivery of product and applications to various agencies as well as follow-up with the various agencies until certification/listing is granted.
• Test Kit Services – Complete and partial test kits for water closets and urinals are available.